Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Who we’re looking for:
As an Account Manager, you will help launch and grow Starry Internet service with our Property and Building partners. Our ideal candidate is a people person that enjoys being in the field and will be responsible for building relationships and increasing adoption of Starry Internet with multi-dwelling unit properties (MDU’s). You will serve as the point-of-contact for property owners and management, onboard buildings, manage rollout timelines, and represent Starry in meetings, social functions, or in the community.
You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining lasting relationships with property managers that will be conducive to the ongoing sale of Starry services to residents within your portfolio of properties. Building premises and property management teams need to be our channel partners to reach residents, our ultimate customers, and Account Management plays a central role in maintaining these relationships.
What you’ll do:
- Represent Starry to Property and Building partners and be the single point of contact to serve the B2B relationship
- Bridge the Sales relationship with Deployment and Marketing teams to drive excellent construction and roll out of Starry Internet in buildings
- Achieve and exceed assigned subscription objectives, in the stipulated time frame. Increase tenant adoption of Starry Internet in installed buildings.
- Driving Property Contact engagement and investment in our roll out marketing plans in a timely manner in pre-launch, launch and growth phases
- Provide exemplary customer service in order to build and maintain strong relationships between property owners and management companies that will result in subscriber acquisition
- Build process for introducing Starry Internet to tenants and staff of buildings installed with Starry
- Act as a dedicated resource for key accounts
- Maintain accurate service and customer activity records
- Build a community around Starry and the property by adding value to the building
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 5 years experience in Sales or Customer Success
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to see the big picture while effectively managing details
- Excellent listening and writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Proven ability to successfully work independently as well as collaborating across multiple functions in an organization to accomplish team goals
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- This position requires a form of reliable transportation to get to and from different work locations. If you plan to drive your personal vehicle on behalf of Starry, you’ll need to have a valid driver’s license in the state of your residence and a safe driving record.
Bonus points if..
- You have experience working with multi-dwelling unit residential customers, property management or real estate industry
- You have a demonstrated ability to navigate the ambiguity inherent in the early stage development of products and services as well as a rapidly changing digital landscape
- You have a real passion for Starry’s business or the ISP industry
- You are located in or near the San Fernando Valley (assigned territory will cover San Fernando Valley and surrounding neighborhoods)
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
Salary range of $60,000 to $85,000 plus bonus. Final salary will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- Generous employer contribution for you and your dependents on low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.