Subscriber Sales Representative
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
As a Subscriber Sales Representative, you will be responsible for acquiring new Starry subscribers and driving our success in your assigned multi-family residential properties, condos, residential communities and neighborhoods. You will build and own the relationship with the doormen, property managers and/or on site supers to aid you in ultimately selling subscriptions.
You are curious, self-motivated, confident, engaging and love chatting with people. You’re positive and solution oriented and definitely not afraid to think outside the box when faced with a challenge. You’re an active listener and will tailor your sales pitch to the individual needs of your prospective customer.
Our Subscriber Sales Representatives have a base salary and high earning potential through commissions. This is a great starting point for those looking to switch careers and/or jumpstart a career in sales and/or marketing. We believe in nurturing talent - show us you’re motivated and you can be promoted within your first year to enterprise sales or join the marketing team.
What you’ll do:
- Advocate and educate, primarily in the area of Brooklyn, to potential customers know how great Starry is by communicating a thorough understanding of the features and benefits of Starry Internet to sell our service
- Let people know how Starry Internet is changing the Internet service provider industry by providing affordable, fast, reliable internet service in their community with superior customer service, prices that are transparent, and no contract commitments with no gimmicks
- Meet and exceed sales goals; identify potential sales, product, technical, or customer care issues and address with your local teams
- Identify, source, and attend potential subscriber acquisition opportunities to achieve your personal goals
- Call on and visit all buildings where Starry Internet's service is launched on a regular basis prior to and following occupancy
- Build out waiting list and drive subscriber conversion once the building is live with Starry Internet Service
- Sell with relevancy and charm; we are not pushy!
- Relevant Field Sales experience or a hustler mentality
- Passionate advocate for an equitable internet (everyone should have access to affordable, fast, reliable internet) with a desire to be yourself when connecting and having fun with potential customers!
- Desire to be a part of a game-changing company - we are the only internet company with a program specifically created for low income and affordable housing MDU’s
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Willingness to be coached and trained to improve as a Sales professional
- Willingness to work weekday morning, nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, and sitting for the duration of your shift
Salary range of $42,000 to $50,000 plus uncapped commission. Final salary will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- Generous employer contribution for you and your dependents on low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.