Field Sales Representative (Part Time, Bilingual Armenian)
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Who we’re looking for:
As a Part Time Field Sales Representative, you will be responsible for acquiring new Starry subscribers and driving our success in multi-family residential properties, communities and condos.
You are curious, self-motivated, confident, engaging and love chatting with people. You’re positive and solution oriented and definitely not afraid to think outside the box when faced with a challenge.
Our Part Time Field Sales Representatives have unlimited earning potential through commissions. This is a great opportunity for skilled sales professionals to earn additional income. We provide all the tools and training to ensure our team is successful to meet and exceed their sales goals. All new hires receive ongoing personal coaching and mentoring with real in-field experience to build the confidence needed to perfect their pitch. We offer a flexible schedule and believe in nurturing talent.
What you’ll do:
- Advocate and educate - let your potential customer know how great Starry is by communicating a thorough understanding of the features and benefits of Starry Internet to sell our service door to door
- Let people know how Starry Internet is changing the game by providing affordable, fast, reliable internet service in their community with excellent customers service, prices that are transparent, and no contract commitments with no gimmicks
- Meet and exceed sales goals; identify potential sales, product, technical, or customer care issues and address with your local teams
- Identify, source, and attend potential subscriber acquisition opportunities to achieve your personal goals
- Sell with relevancy and charm; we are not pushy!
- Experience in sales (field/direct or territory sales experience a plus)
- Eager to sell door to door
- Positive, upbeat personality with no fear of talking to strangers
- Self-motivated, initiative driven, and problem-solving mentality
- Ability to help guide consumer decision making process, close sales, and help prospects choose Starry over other internet provider alternatives
- Willingness to travel in and around Los Angeles County
- Willingness to work flexible hours (mainly weekdays 4-8pm and weekends 10am-4pm); variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Bilingual (English and Armenian), fluent in both languages
- This position requires a form of reliable transportation to get to and from different work locations. If you plan to drive your personal vehicle on behalf of Starry, you’ll need to have a valid driver’s license in the state of your residence and a safe driving record.
- Relevant field/direct or territory sales experience or a hustler mentality
- Ability to thrive in both individual and team environments
- Passionate advocate for equitable internet (everyone should have access to affordable, fast, reliable internet) with a desire to be yourself when connecting and having fun with potential customers!
- Desire to be a part of a game changing company - we are the only internet company with a program specifically created for low income and affordable housing MDU’s
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, and sitting for the duration of your shift
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
Pay range: $20.00 hourly with an opportunity for commission. Final hourly pay rate will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
Please note that the title referenced in this job description is intended to provide a representation of the work that will be done in this role and the actual internal job title for this role will be Subscriber Sales Representative. The final internal job title assigned will be based on a variety of factors, including without limitation, experience, education, and training.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.