Field Canvasser (Seasonal/Temporary - Full Time & Part Time Available)
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is seeking a Field Canvasser who will act as the face of Starry at various marketing events around the city. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, outgoing, personable and well-spoken. You’ll enjoy being in front of potential customers and sharing our brand mission while in the field. You’ll understand and effectively communicate Starry’s offering and value proposition. Our Field Canvassers are needed at various times including weekday mornings, evenings, and weekends. Actual work schedules are flexible and can accommodate class schedules or other commitments. This role is a temporary, seasonal position with full time or part time hours available. This position reports to the Field Marketing Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Set up and take down multiple events a week
- Staff events and engage with potential customers about all things Starry
- Deliver, assemble and stock permanent placements at Starry properties
- Assist the Field Marketing Manager with event logistics
- Hang posters and distribute marketing materials to resident doors at Starry properties to generate awareness
- Assemble event handouts/giveaways for potential customers
- Track event activities using reporting tools as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 0-6 months experience in events, or customer facing role (internship acceptable)
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively to potential customers, business stakeholders and team
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs and stand for extended periods of time
- This position requires a form of reliable transportation to get to and from different work locations. If you plan to drive your personal vehicle on behalf of Starry, you'll need to have a valid driver's license in the state of your residence and a safe driving record.
- Previous experience as a Brand Ambassador or Canvasser
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Political canvassing and sales experience a plus
Pay: $20.00 hourly with an opportunity for commission. Final hourly pay rate will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
Please note that the title referenced in this job description is intended to provide a representation of the work that will be done in this role and the actual internal job title for this role will be Brand Ambassador. The final internal job title assigned will be based on a variety of factors, including without limitation, experience, education, and training.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.