Subscriber Acquisition Manager
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking an experienced Subscriber Acquisition Manager to lead a team of marketing and sales representatives in achieving customer acquisition and field activity execution goals. Your team will be comprised of both part-time and full time employees whose primary objective is subscriber acquisition through field-based activity. The Subscriber Acquisition Manager will be held accountable for overseeing market subscriber sales goals, supporting brand awareness, driving daily field sales activity, and improving the customer experience.
You will build the team and processes that shape the field acquisition strategy within your local market. Our ideal candidate is experienced in working cross-functionally with other teams, thinking strategically and creatively, analyzing results and analytics, and maximizing the subscriber sales potential for your direct reports.
- 5 years of relevant industry experience in telecommunications
- 2 years experience in Field Sales and/or Field Marketing with experience managing teams
- Proven track record of driving subscription sales
- Experience managing both a full-time or part-time field sales and marketing team
- Work cross-functionally with sales, marketing and deployment teams to identify subscriber acquisition opportunities and schedule and execute activity
- Reinforce and drive compliance in Starry’s field sales compliance programs and best practices
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and external partners to achieve acquisition results
- Analyze and report on all field activity to assess effectiveness and implement best practices
- Travel throughout the market and be available to work some night and weekend events
- Effectively communicate brand messaging to consumers, property managers, and stakeholders
- Proven leadership and motivational skills
- Relevant Field Sales experience or a “hunter” mentality
- Expertise in a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures
- Excellent listening and writing skills
- Creative problem solving and willingness to pivot quickly
- Strong organizational and reporting skills
Salary range of $70,000 to $75,000 plus commission. Final salary will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- Generous employer contribution for you and your dependents on low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.