Brand Ambassador (Lead Generation)
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Brand Ambassador on a per-diem basis who will generate new apartment building and condominium partnership opportunities by canvassing territories to identify, contact, and qualify potential property ownership and management group partners. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, outgoing, personable, well-spoken, and loves the hunt. You’ll enjoy engaging with potential partners and sharing our brand mission while in the field. You’ll understand Starry’s ideal partner profile and effectively communicate our partnership opportunity and value proposition. Our Brand Ambassadors are needed at various times including weekday mornings, evenings, and weekends. Actual work schedules are flexible and can accommodate class schedules or other commitments. This position reports to the MDU Sales Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Canvass territories to identify new apartment building and condominium partnership opportunities
- Visit communities to find property owners and/or managers and contact info
- Research, contact and qualify potential partners
- Refer leads to and set appointments for Enterprise Account Executives
- Hang posters and distribute marketing materials to onsite staff and resident doors to generate awareness
- Engage with potential partners and residents about all things Starry
- Assemble marketing materials
- Track canvassing activities using reporting tools as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 0-6 months experience in sales prospecting or customer facing role (internship acceptable)
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively to potential customers, business stakeholders and team
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs and stand for extended periods of time
- This position requires a form of reliable transportation to get to and from different work locations. If you plan to drive your personal vehicle on behalf of Starry, you'll need to have a valid driver's license in the state of your residence and a safe driving record.
Bonus Points for:
- Previous experience as a Brand Ambassador or Sales Development Representative
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Political canvassing and sales experience a plus
Pay: $20.00 hourly. Final hourly pay rate will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.