Brand Ambassador (Customer Success)
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Brand Ambassador on a part-time basis who will act as the face of Starry at various marketing events around the city. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, outgoing, personable and well-spoken. You’ll enjoy being in front of potential customers and sharing our brand mission while in the field. You’ll understand and effectively communicate Starry’s offering and value proposition. Our Brand Ambassadors are needed at various times including weekday mornings, evenings, and some Saturdays. Actual work schedules are flexible and can accommodate class schedules or other commitments. This position reports to the Customer Success Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Set up and take down multiple events a week
- Staff events and engage with potential customers about all things Starry
- Deliver, assemble and stock permanent placements at Starry properties
- Assist the Field Marketing Manager with event logistics
- Hang posters and distribute marketing materials to resident doors at Starry properties to generate awareness
- Assemble event handouts/giveaways for potential customers
- Track event activities using reporting tools as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 0-6 months experience in events, or customer facing role (internship acceptable)
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively to potential customers, business stakeholders and team
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs and stand for extended periods of time
- Being comfortable with cold calling
- This position requires a form of reliable transportation to get to and from different work locations. If you plan to drive your personal vehicle on behalf of Starry, you'll need to have a valid driver's license in the state of your residence and a safe driving record.
Bonus Points for:
- Bilingual / fluent in English and either Spanish, Armenian, Russian, or Mandarin
- Previous experience as a Brand Ambassador
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Political canvassing and sales experience a plus
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
Pay range: $20.00 hourly with an opportunity for commission. Final hourly pay rate will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.