Digital Marketing Specialist
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a full-time Digital Marketing Specialist to support the development and execution of national marketing campaigns across a variety of channels, including CRM (email and SMS), search, display and paid social. Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding of marketing principles and is eager to learn and grow in the field. This is the role for you if you value ownership and are excited to launch and grow existing and new channels.
You will report to the Sr. Performance Marketing Manager and work closely with Field and Sales Marketing Leadership, Creative and Data teams to develop and improve our marketing funnel.
- Analytical: can dissect complex data to pull relevant insights
- Organized: strong prioritization skills with high attention to detail
- Communicative: excellent writer and storyteller
- Self-starting: an entrepreneurial learner and problem solver
What you will be doing:
- Assist with the content development and execution of Starry’s marketing campaigns—with a focus on CRM (email and SMS) campaign planning, content creation, deployment, optimization, including A/B testing
- Ensure flawless quality assurance across all outbound email and SMS communications and that they’re on brand with Starry core value & standards
- Responsible for campaign execution including building of audiences, tracking links, creating promo codes, filtering segments, and more
- Monitor deliverability and implementation of campaigns across all platforms to ensure consistent and robust channel health
- Lead coordination efforts with customer care team to ensure a quality experience with customer communications
- Works day-to-day with internal creative team & cross functional org to deliver on brand, consistent and accurate customer facing communications across a wide range of channels (i.e. email, digital media, print, etc.).
- Contribute to improvements in ad targeting as well identify and vet new partnership opportunities
- Gather and analyze data to track campaign performance and make recommendations to continually optimize channels based on target KPIs
- Proactively leads competitive research to stay up-to-date on digital marketing trends and best practices
- BS or BA degree required
- 1-2 years experience in digital and/or CRM marketing
- Experience in B2C marketing
- Proficiency in Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and other ad platforms
- Experience with data analysis and reporting tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Bonus Points For:
- Startup or agency background
- Experience in Looker, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, SQL, Customer IO, Sendgrid, or Mailchimp
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
Salary range of $60,000 to $70,000. Final salary will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- Generous employer contribution for you and your dependents on low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.