Systems Software Engineer
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
What we're looking for
You are a developer with a BS or MS in Software, Computer, or Electrical engineering or equivalent discipline/experience and are comfortable developing in C++. Experience in Python and/or C are also good to have. We're also seeking those eager to ramp up on new languages and technologies. You have at least four years experience with a product based company, but equivalent experience will be considered. Since much of our technology is developed or runs on Linux, you should have familiarity with that operating system.
Bonus points if..
- Familiarity with networking fundamentals and configuration
- Experience using git for source control
- The ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions for problems you're faced with
Double bonus points if..
- Experience with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standards and protocols
- Understanding of millimeter wave and/or other RF technologies
- Real time development and debugging skills
- Familiarity with Rust or asynchronous programming concepts
- Experience building distributed systems
- A drive to learn new languages and technologies
- Experience with technical product customer issues and collaboration with customer support teams
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.