Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, we reward autonomy and creativity; you’ll have the opportunity to develop your ideas. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative and we encourage working on personal growth. There will be many opportunities to work with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with some incredibly talented people.
As Starry’s Denver Office Manager, you’ll play an essential role in shaping the feel of our daily operations. Working directly with the Denver General Manager, you will be a key member of our Denver operations. You will maintain a working knowledge of our diverse business operations and act as an experienced and effective leader. You’ll also work very closely with the team in our Boston headquarters. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who has a particular attention to detail and is keen on multitasking. If you have excellent people skills, business acumen, and an exemplary work ethic, we’d like to meet you.
Who we’re looking for:
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
Reliable: responsive, available, and present
Self-motivated: always looking for ways to do something better; forward-thinking planner
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy, and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Quick: whip-smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go; you know hustle
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate, set up, and manage our Denver logistical practices, including inventory, office management, and events
- Assist with permits and regulatory scouting to make sure all paperwork is complete
- Be lead in understanding and implementing software programs maintained by Starry
- Support our market endeavors by ensuring teams have needed supplies and materials in a timely manner
- Assist with reporting on local market efforts
- Set up our new hires with working space, gear, hardware, etc.
- Assist with scheduling interviews and performing reference checks
- Facilitate weekly company lunches and Friday afternoon wrap-ups
- Various administrative tasks such as local fleet management
- Special projects as necessary
- 3-5 years of facilities, logistics, and office management experience in a very busy office
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail is an absolute must
- Ability to bustle about, bend, squat and lift up to 30 pounds
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Bonus Points If..
- Your prior experience includes time spent in a high growth start-up
- You’re experienced in office moves
- You’re familiar with applicant tracking systems
- You’ve worked with the Google suite
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.