Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze various data sets to optimize the business across marketing, operations, sales and engineering - providing recommendations and insights to key decision makers.
- Develop reports and dashboards to help operators stay nimble and make strategy recommendations to inform major decisions.
- Work with cross-functional teams to champion a data-driven culture that rapidly tests, measures and iterates. This might include testing new marketing channels and website design changes.
- Create output that tells the story behind the data to non-technical team members so they can execute more effectively.
Experience & Skills Required:
- 2-3 years of experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist or Management Consultant, preferably at a company with a high volume of complex data
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and expert in Excel
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau) and scripting languages (e.g. Python, R)
- Working knowledge of statistics a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Real passion for Starry’s business
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday
- Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.