Commercial Development Manager
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you'll do:
This is a customer-facing role with a clear focus on achieving results and generating revenue. Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Achieve and exceed assigned sales and business objectives
- Prospect building owners, property managers, and developers, understand their businesses, and working towards building meaningful partnerships
- Develop partnership level relationships with real estate executives
- Communicate progress and results with sales leadership through Salesforce
- Negotiate and manage contracts
- Generate new leads with targeted MDU’s through various prospecting activities including cold calling, customer referrals, and partner relationships
- Conduct presentations to property owners, managers and developers
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Who are we looking for?
Results-driven: enjoys setting challenges and smashing through them; has demonstrated success in previous endeavors
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Emotionally intelligent: empathetic; strong communicator; genuinely interested in human behavior; enjoys collaborating with a team
Curious: embraces all opportunities to learn from peers and mentors, always looking for ways to do something better
Creative: energized by new problems to solve, always coming up with new ideas and looking for ways to implement them
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Achieves goals on a consistent basis
- Excellent listening and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to see big picture while effectively managing detail
- Five years consultative sales experience
- Proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as standing, bending, and sitting for the duration of your shift
Bonus points if..
- Experience selling into the Multi-Dwelling Unit, Property Management or Real Estate Industry
- Demonstrated ability to navigate the ambiguity inherent in the early stage development of products and services as well as a rapidly changing digital landscape
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered breakfast every Monday
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.