Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for an incredibly talented Art Director to join our growing creative team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to life—creating strategic, boundary-pushing work for Starry’s digital platforms. You have excellent communication skills and you’ll collaborate with marketing directors, copywriters, project managers, and developers on a daily basis. You’ll enjoy getting to the heart of complex problems and translating them into dead simple, engaging interactive experiences—coming up with multiple concepts and using your technical chops to pull them off. Lastly, you speak internet. When there’s a new design trend, app or meme, you’re always the first to know.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with other creative team members to elevate our brand across a broad variety of digital platforms including website, advertising, grassroots marketing, product landing pages, email, and social
- Collaborate with copywriters to create narratives and UX flows, wire-frame and present concepts to stakeholders, design comps and production ready assets, and work with developers to oversee the pixel-perfect production of your work
- Produce and share multiple concepts/designs for each project and provide strong recommendations based upon data and best practices
- Think strategically about digital communication, including user experience, interaction design and information architecture and explore new, innovative interactive approaches to tell our brand’s story
- Keep up to date on branding, marketing, advertising, and digital trends
- Work with project managers and creative directors to develop timelines, outline deliverables, and ensure work meets business objectives
- Partner with other brand and product designers to unite the visual brand guidelines and create consistency across platforms
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years in-house or agency experience with a focus on brand & digital design
- You’re an incredible designer and have a portfolio that demonstrates systematic thinking, sophisticated attention to detail, and awareness of current design trends
- You’re focused on results and constantly looking for ways to make the consumer experience better by initiating feedback, assessing data, and designing options for A/B tests
- You’re self motivated and a great communicator. You enjoy collaborating, whether it’s hashing out briefs and or brainstorming initial design concepts
- You’re an expert when it comes to using the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch and familiar with prototyping tools like Invision or Framer
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.