Project Manager, Software
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
What we're looking for
You love collaborating with teams to meet project goals and have a passion for encouraging them to perform to their fullest potential, all while supporting decisions that drive toward a quality product. You have worked on both cloud services and data/systems integrations projects, and have practical experience managing a team using the Agile Scrum methodology.
If you have been looking for a team to work with that is comprised of intelligent individuals from various backgrounds, who take initiative and develop quality services used across the business, then Starry is your new home.
What you'll do
In this role, you will act as scrum master for day to day task management as well as drive projects from inception to development & testing through to release. You will coordinate with engineering functional teams, such as cloud services, embedded software, systems testing, and various business units for user testing.
Collaborating with the Sr. Manager of Program Management, you will help project teams succeed in delivering strategic initiatives, as part of organization-wide programs, helping delight Starry’s consumers.
- Manage day to day tasks for development teams through the use of scrum meetings, agile tools, and regular discussions around priority with stakeholders and product managers.
- Drive -software -projects by planning, executing and maintaining project management processes in the areas of timeline, resource management, quality management,, risk/issue management, and change management for projects affecting other departments’ daily operations.
- Establish a cadence of deliverables from project team members that will culminate in completed, tested requirements and deployed solutions.
- Lead feature grooming priority discussions with multiple stakeholders, and help present reasonable arbitration to executives.
- Collaborate with product management and various stakeholders to scope future features and software products.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a preferred focus in a technical field or technical communications
- A minimum of 3 years experience managing software and systems integrations projects
- Experience rolling out an agile process to development teams, practical experience using the Agile Scrum methodology, and the ability to quickly identify & resolve priority conflicts..
- Ability to be a self-starter who seeks out answers and can easily interface with various departments.
- Being comfortable with the unknown and adapting to project changes as they happen.
Bonus points if...
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission of loving the internet
- You are currently holding a position as a scrum master
- You enjoy investigating new ways to make your projects more efficient, and are flexible enough to abandon processes that don't work
- You continue to strive for your own professional development
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.