Director of Sales
Starry is reinventing how people connect to and experience the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. The team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What you’ll do:
As Director of Sales, you will manage the market entry process and develop a sales plan for the territory. This role will be responsible for hiring local sales staff and achieving sales targets. You will mentor the team to form best practices around prospecting, building the pipeline, and closing the sale.
Sales growth and profitability:
- Assist the General Manager in the development of the annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives
- Responsible for the sales team’s execution of strategies, practices, and policies
- Secure new business in accordance with company targets
- Partner with leadership to develop effective field budgets and territory design
- Organize and drive outreach efforts with real estate developers, facility managers, and property owner organizations
- Review and communicate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales strategies focused on expanding and identifying areas of opportunity that need addressed
- Create strategies to maximize Salesforce CRM effectiveness across the the sales team
- Leverage website leads to maximize conversion to new accounts and orders
- Partner with national team and other Starry markets to drive best practices in training, process, and sales strategy
- Speak at events and conferences about company’s brand and services
- Build, develop, and manage sales team capable of delivering our sales and service initiatives
- Expertly evaluate sales competencies when interviewing candidates
- Review the activity levels of the field sales teams to ensure best practices and expectations are being set, through sales meetings or one on ones
- Lead development of effective compensation plans that drive goal attainment
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of sales leadership and sales related experience
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Experience within the real estate industry is bonus
- Experience working in the NYC market is bonus
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.