Field Marketing Associate
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a part-time Brand Ambassador who will act as the face of Starry at various marketing events around the city. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, outgoing, personable and well spoken. You’ll enjoy being in front of customers and sharing our brand mission while in the field. You’ll understand and then effectively communicate Starry’s offering and value proposition. Our Brand Ambassador’s will be needed at various times including weekday mornings, evenings, and also weekends.
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you know hustle
Positive: sunny outlook and full of enthusiasm for events and people
Communicator: able to speak and write effectively and with recognition of timeliness
Organized: strong affinity for organization, multitasking and the details
What you’ll do:
- Create a unique and on-brand experience to increase brand awareness
- Staff local public and private events hosted by Starry and other partners
- Recommend events, experiences and influencers that align with the Starry mission
- Communicate success stories, key learning’s and other activities to Marketing team
- Assist in the setup and breakdown of events
- Generate awareness through postering and other guerilla style street activations
- 1-2 years of customer facing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Los Angeles neighborhoods and surrounding communities
- Willingness to work weekday mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, and sitting for the duration of your shift
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
Bonus points if:
- You have experience with events
- You’re very familiar with and have an understanding of Los Angeles neighborhoods
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- Your sense of humor shines through, even if under stress
- You're proficient in Spanish or Korean (big plus!)
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.