We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and grow your skill sets. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative and we encourage independence. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, energetic individual who is ready to roll up their sleeves and quickly add value to a fast-paced environment. You will largely be responsible for the various accounting activities which are essential to maintaining the day to day GL of Starry. These activities range from daily transaction processing to monthly Financial Statement package preparation. Here at Starry, we are experiencing exponential growth and need someone who isn’t afraid of putting in the leg work to get the job done.
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go
Autonomous: self-motivated and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Detail oriented: able to spot irregularities in invoices or on financial reports
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and details
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the entire close process (month-end, quarter-end, and year-end) including balance sheet reconciliations such as fixed assets, prepaid expenses, and accruals
- Manage approval and appropriate accounting for all vendor invoices and expense reports
- Quarterly remote inventory inspections
- Collaborate with other teams on various projects
- Assist with annual audits and tax filings
- Assist with Netsuite implementation
- Assist in monthly financial package preparation
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc financial reporting for senior management
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of accounting experience including month-end close and variance analysis
- 1-3 years public accounting experience
- Proficient with Netsuite
Bonus points if..
- You’re a CPA or CPA candidate
- You have experience with Bill.com, Expensify, Stripe
- You’ve worked in NetSuite, QuickBooks Online, or similar software
- You have experience in a hardware-centric business
- You are familiar with the Google Suite
- You have a sense of humor
- You have a positive attitude and can just roll with it
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.