Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What you’ll do:
As a Starry Construction Technician, you’ll work with construction efforts of in-house installation construction, maintenance and rebuild projects: fiber/ethernet cable in-building applications as well as various aerial and rooftop applications to support Starry Internet services. Your responsibilities will include Installation of Starry Network equipment at users locations ensuring the safety and quality of work performed, ensuring timely completion in both a safe and quality manner. Positive attitude and able to work in a team to achieve installation goals.
- Graduate of HS; some technical training
- 1-2 years installation experience
- Knowledge of IT cables, ethernet or fiber installations, and terminations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Assistance in warehouse maintenance and inventory
- Able to follow set standards for power/grounding and cable connections
- History of working as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
- Prior experience holding yourself accountable for a proper installation
- Maintain assigned resources and tools
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, and work outdoors in extreme weather
- Must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear properly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
Bonus points if..
- You are a former customer facing telecommunications technician
- You have knowledge of installation and maintenance on copper or fiber technology
- You’re experienced in reading and interpreting engineering / construction design
- You have knowledge of Safety Compliance Plans / OSHA
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You have outstanding shuffleboard skills
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.