Senior Project Manager of Vertical Assets
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture
What you’ll do:
You will plan, acquire, permit, build, launch, and manage Starry Internet Vertical Assets in Los Angeles. You will be responsible for all operational aspects of the vertical assets in the local market including design, construction, installation, site turn up, and site growth. You will work closely with the RF Planning, GIS, Marketing, Sales, and Deployment teams to identify, acquire, and bring into production high value sites that support Starry’s business objectives in the market. Our ideal candidate will have experience in wireless network deployments, working with 3rd party consultants, and driving projects to meet aggressive build-out timelines.
You will be responsible for setting up operational structures and methods to manage the development of vertical asset sites on an aggressive schedule, from budgeting to materials sourcing. You will leverage established playbooks and also create new ones. Our ideal candidate will have their finger on the pulse of Starry’s culture and values and be able to propagate them.
Experience and Skills Required:
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a technical discipline, with equivalent practical experience
- 10 years minimum experience in leading multiple concurrent highly visible projects and deliver hands-on wireless network/vertical asset acquisition, engineering and implementing telecommunications/wireless networks
- A history of driving results utilizing internal and external resources.
- Knowledge of outdoor telco construction services (ordering and installation): Power (AC and DC), fiber, ethernet, permitting, zoning, vendor equipment requirements, antennas, UPS, weatherproofing, and grounding
- Familiarity with RF propagation and as it pertains to site construction i.e. line of sight (LOS), fresnel zone interference, multipath, signal reflection
- Demonstrated and experience in identifying process bottlenecks, developing, improving and documenting critical processes with clear ownership
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing, tracking and communicating progress and key performance indicators (KPIs) to Management Team
- Strong bias for action, and sense of pace and urgency - a proven track record of delivering aggressive deadlines on time and on budget
- Extraordinary ability on multitasking
- Demonstrated leadership skills and problem solving ability
- Excellent analytical and data-based decision-making skills
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as standing, bending, or occasional need to climb ladders or stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
Bonus points if..
- You have prior experience developing greenfield and growth sites for major telco carriers in multiple environments - towers, commercial rooftops, residential rooftops
- Experience in a fast growth, high volume, startup environment
- You hold PMP certification
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
We work hard, so we take care of our team members and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered breakfast every Monday
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.