Project Manager of Vertical Assets National Team
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is looking for a tech-savvy and highly disciplined Project Manager who wants to help us redefine how users access the internet. You will be responsible for driving our vertical asset acquisition and building process by leveraging your knowledge of wireless site design, acquisition, permitting, construction, and turn-up methodologies.
Reporting to the Director of Vertical Assets - National, you will provide continued management and support for the design, acquisition, and deployment of Vertical Assets in support of building Starry’s network and internet services. The Project Manager will be responsible for the supervision and management of partners and vendors for assigned Vertical Asset projects. You’ll also be accountable for managing the overall deployment, including scope, cost, safety, quality, schedule, and implementation.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, acquire, launch, and manage Starry Internet vertical assets across the country
- Oversee the daily operations of assigned projects which will include:
- Site identification
- Site acquisition
- Coordinating site visits with RF and construction teams
- Permitting and zoning requirement fulfillment for each site
- Site turn-up coordination
- Review initial site designs and provide markups for AE firms
- Manage AE revision process for delivery in a timely fashion
- Work closely with the RF Planning, GIS, Construction, and Deployment teams to identify, acquire, and bring into production high value sites that support Starry’s business objectives in the market
- Negotiate lease terms with landlords and procure landlord signatures on lease agreements
- Manage the development of vertical asset sites on an aggressive schedule
- Leverage established playbooks and also create new ones
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a technical discipline, with equivalent practical experience
- 5-7 years minimum experience in leading multiple concurrent highly visible projects, delivering hands-on vertical asset acquisition, and engineering and implementing telecommunications/wireless networks
- Basic knowledge of outdoor telco construction requirements in relation to permitting and zoning
- Familiarity with RF propagation and as it pertains to site design e.g. line of sight (LOS), near field obstructions, optimal radio location, etc.
- Demonstrated experience identifying process bottlenecks, and developing, improving, and documenting critical processes with clear ownership
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing, tracking and communicating progress and key performance indicators (KPIs) to a Management Team
- Strong bias for action, and sense of pace and urgency - a proven track record of delivering aggressive deadlines on time and on budget
- Extraordinary ability to multitask
- Excellent analytical and data-based decision-making skills
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as standing, bending, or occasional need to climb ladders or stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Willingness and flexibility to travel, approx. 60-70%
Bonus points for:
- You have prior experience developing greenfield and growth sites for major telco carriers in multiple environments - towers, commercial rooftops, and residential rooftops
- Experience in a high growth startup environment
- You hold PMP certification
We work hard, so we take care of our team members and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.