We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, we reward autonomy and creativity, and you’ll have the opportunity to develop your creative ideas. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative and we encourage working on personal growth. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
As a Starry Recruiter, you’ll work closely with the recruiting and deployment teams to build out a solid hiring pipeline as we ramp up in the New York market. You will be based in New York but the position will require occasional travel nationally to meet business needs.
Who we’re looking for:
Self-motivated: always looking for ways to do something better; forward thinking planner
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of a startup
Emotionally intelligent: empathetic; strong communicator; genuinely interested in human behavior; enjoys collaborating with multiple personality types
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you know hustle
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and details
Creative: energized by new problems to solve, always coming up with new ideas and looking for ways to implement them
What you’ll do:
- Full-cycle recruiting for a wide variety of WISP (Wireless Internet Service Provider) roles
- Out-of-the-box thinking for sourcing
- Maintain recruiting metrics and ownership of your requisitions within Starry’s ATS
- Provide timely communication to candidates and hiring managers to ensure a positive experience
- Research, test, and assess new and innovative recruiting practices to maintain proactive talent pipelines
- Help to develop Starry’s employer brand
- Identify recruiting process improvements to scale to hiring needs
- Travel to other Starry markets as needed, approx. 5-10%
- 3+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience with at least 1 year of experience working in an in-house environment
- Experience with hyper-growth
- Being ready to hit the ground running
- Comfortable working on a wide variety of WISP roles as needed to help launch Starry’s market teams from scratch
- Advanced social media and recruiting sourcing tools, bonus points for opening our eyes to creative new sourcing avenues!
- Experience with Greenhouse
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
Bonus points if..
- You have experience recruiting for tel-com or similar ISP positions
- You’re dogged in your pursuit to unearth hard to find candidates
- You exhibit tenacity by shaking off rejection and remaining focused and determined
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You’ve worked with the Google suite
- You have a sense of humor
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.