Data Engineer Intern
Starry is reinventing how people connect to and experience the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. The team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What we’re looking for
The analytics team is responsible for maintaining our internal analytics platform used by many departments at Starry. We’re looking for a New York based data engineering intern to join us in 2019 (we’re flexible on availability). You’ll report to a data engineer on the analytics team responsible for the team’s ETL and data warehouse.
- Work on an evolving data infrastructure platform at a fast growing company
- Partner with business groups to integrate new data sources critical to their decision making
- Build tools to monitor the flow and quality of data moving through our data pipelines
- Build tests for our data pipelines code
- Participate as a member of the analytics team contributing to code reviews and meetings
- Learn new tools and concepts on the job
- Communicate with analytics and engineering stakeholders to help you get the job done
- Pursuing a BS or MS in computer science or other relevant degree
- Python and SQL programming experience
- Experience working with relational databases
- Interest in learning about cloud data infrastructure
- Software or data engineering internship experience
- Blog or project work showing your interest in data engineering
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.