Marketing Manager, Acquisition
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is seeking an Marketing Manager Acquisition to join the marketing team. You will directly help to drive the growth of Starry by building and scaling marketing programs across a variety of channels including direct mail, out-of-home (OOH), radio/podcasts, affiliate, and partnerships.
In this role, your ultimate aim will be to increase demand and drive new customer acquisition for Starry’s new Internet service. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, a rigorous optimizer, and will have previously held a role managing one or more of the aforementioned channels at a high growth company or startup.
What you'll do:
- Lead growth strategy across offline and online channels, partnering across the organization to generate new demand, drive leads, and convert new subscribers
- Execute campaigns across the full marketing mix - including direct mail, out-of-home, radio, podcasts, partnerships.
- Develop campaign strategy as well as define KPI’s to measure campaign success and meet Collaborate with multiple teams across the company to gather necessary components for executing high quality, world-class marketing campaigns
- Analyze campaign results, report on key metrics and optimize future campaigns based on learnings
- Curate and leverage positioning and messaging that differentiates Starry to targeted segments and personas
- Ensure Starry’s core value proposition and positioning is presented consistently across all campaigns and creative content
- Ideate and execute rigorous a/b testing to achieve consistent optimization and improvement in marketing campaign performance
- Drive innovation in process, automation, and scalability of Starry’s marketing programs
- 3-5 years experience in customer acquisition and demand generation with demonstrated success in managing marketing campaigns that drive significant growth in conversions
- Experience with as many of the following channels: direct mail, radio, podcast, and out-of-home media buying. Strong emphasis on direct mail.
- Great communication skills - you can work autonomously as well as collaboratively across product, marketing, creative, engineering and sales.
- Analytical, creative, and organized with strong problem solving skills, attention to detail, and time management abilities
- Passion for using data to influence marketing decisions and grow a business
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new tools and creative techniques to challenges
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.