Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is looking for an experienced and licensed Electrician in the State of Massachusetts to join our Starry Network Deployment team. You will be responsible for installing, maintaining, modifying, and troubleshooting all of the electrical distribution systems and associated electrical hardware which includes 208V/240V/120V 20A circuits from breaker panel to the outlet that provides power to the Starry network equipment at the MDF/IDFs locations.
As a Starry Electrician, you will inspect and test components of electrical systems, including transformers, rectifiers, transfer switches, wiring, DC power plants, AC circuits and services, and control equipment. You will also survey electrical systems, circuits, and plans for RAN and ISP communications systems.
What you’ll do:
- Complete work orders and record materials utilized on jobs
- Utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams, and manufacture installation manuals to complete assigned projects
- Organize materials and supplies in the Boston warehouse
- Fabricate support structures and install brackets hangers and fasteners
- Install conductors, splice cables, build termination, and perform necessary hook-up for AC circuits and services
- Commission and decommission electrical systems
- Perform shutdown and startup procedures
- Install single-phase and three-phase supply services and metering equipment
- Install overcurrent protection devices, ground defaults, arc fault, and surge protection devices
- Install low voltage distribution systems, power conditioning systems, and single point grounding systems per Communications Site Standards & Guidelines
- Install AC and DC surge arresting and suppression equipment
- Install AC and DC systems, conductors, cables, and all necessary raceways, boxes, conduit, and fittings; measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electric conduit
- Install and connect power supply wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus for electronic equipment in new and existing facilities following diagrams, schematics, blueprints, and per NEC Code
- Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment using testing instruments and equipment
- Massachusetts Electrical License
- Minimum of 5-7+ years of experience in troubleshooting AC and DC issues
- Strong knowledge of grounding will be critical
- Experience applying for permits when necessary
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 30 lbs, work in extreme weather, and wear personal protective gear correctly
- Must be able to adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear correctly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic and sense of humor
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.