Customer Support Manager
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and you’ll be able to make an impact from the beginning. You will be one of the first sales professionals helping to launch Starry’s service in New York City. Your work will be highly visible and you will have a major impact on the company’s success in 2018. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded. You’ll have control of your own schedule and the opportunity to develop your creative ideas. The team is tightly-knit and collaborative, and you’ll have numerous opportunities for personal growth including training, mentorship, and one-on-one problem-solving sessions. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments, and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
What you'll do:
You’ll wear many hats as the Customer Support Manager at Starry. As both a leader and top performer on the team, you’ll motivate, coach and strategically guide our Support team to a higher level of customer-focused excellence. You can handle change management, people management, and process and information management in your sleep. You’re comfortable (and thrive!) operating in a high-growth startup environment where every day can present a new unknown and amidst it all, you’re committed to our customers and teammates first.
- Manage a medium-sized and growing team of Tier I Customer Support agents - we call them Starry Experts and Team Leads, including hiring, performance, and scheduling
- Create and implement operational processes to assist in the scaling of our growing team
Work cross-functionally within the organization to support a smooth rollout of new Marketing, Sales, or other initiatives
- Develop reporting that tells a compelling story that drives both immediate and long-term improvements to our products and network performance
- Serve as point of escalation with customers on both critical and VIP issues
- Participate in the branding and in developing the Starry difference in how we approach the support of our subscriber
- Own the rollout of special or ad-hoc projects that require the support of the Customer Support team
Who we’re looking for:
Results-driven: enjoy setting challenges and smashing through them; has demonstrated success in previous endeavors
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy, and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Emotionally intelligent: empathetic; strong communicator; genuinely interested in human behavior; enjoys collaborating with a team
Curious: embraces all opportunities to learn from peers and mentors, always looking for ways to do something better
Creative: energized by new problems to solve; always coming up with new ideas and looking for ways to implement them
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Customer Support experience in a role with demonstrated increase in responsibility including at least one year of direct management experience
- Experience managing remote/distributed teams
- Management experience with Zendesk, Salesforce, or similar CRM
- Experience building teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday
- Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.