Customer Support Representative
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What You'll Do:
This position is a full-time remote position; however, you must be based in one of the following areas: Massachusetts, New York state, or Washington D.C.. As a Starry Expert, you’ll be responsible for managing customer initiated and proactive support interactions with Starry Internet customers.
- Respond to customer emails, phone calls, and live chats related to Starry Station and Starry Internet setup, features, and advanced networking settings
- Identify, investigate, and resolve device and network specific issues: everything from helping get a wireless printer connected to making sure there’s no interruptions when streaming or gaming
- Escalate technical issues through appropriate channels as necessary
- Track user concerns and feedback to ensure customer resolution/satisfaction
Who we’re looking for:
- You have excellent customer service skills including clear, concise written and verbal communication.
- You work quickly, independently, and with great attention to detail.
- You are committed to providing a consistently high level of support, going above and beyond in each interaction you have with a Starry customer
- You care deeply about representing our brand and leaving a positive impression with the customers you support.
- You have strong analytical and organizational skill
Results-driven: enjoy setting challenges and smashing through them; has demonstrated success in previous endeavors
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy, and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Emotionally intelligent: empathetic; strong communicator; genuinely interested in human behavior; enjoys collaborating with a team
Curious: embraces all opportunities to learn from peers and mentors, always looking for ways to do something better
Creative: energized by new problems to solve; always coming up with new ideas and looking for ways to implement them
- 1+ years of help desk or troubleshooting customer service experience working with hardware, complex technical services, or for a SaaS company or an IT environment
- Ability to work from home in a quiet, dedicated space
Bonus Points if…
- You've worked at an Internet Service Provider and constantly wanted to tear all the systems you used apart and build something better
- You're familiar with Zendesk
- You love new technology, IoT, and have a large library of devices in your home
- You are a bilingual Spanish speaker
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday
- Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.