Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the role:
We are looking for an incredibly talented UX designer to join our growing creative team. In this role, you’ll create intuitive, engaging experiences that let people know what they need to do and guide them to do it. You’ll enjoy getting to the heart of complex problems and translating them into dead simple interactive experiences for our marketing site and much more. You’ll have excellent communication skills, and you’ll collaborate with designers, copywriters, marketing directors, project managers, and developers on a daily basis. Lastly (but most importantly), you speak internet. When there’s a new design trend, app or meme, you’re always the first to know.
What you’ll do:
- Brainstorm and create concept models, user interface sketches, wireframes and user flows for best-in-class user experiences
- Design and develop innovative solutions to make complex ideas easy to understand and act on
- Collaborate with other designers, copywriters, engineers, developers and product managers to support our Brand and Marketing Growth teams
- Initiate user feedback, create tests and use performance data, user feedback and other tools to iterate on our site and other platforms to improve
- Produce and share multiple concepts/designs for each project and provide strong recommendations based upon data and best practices
- Keep up to date on current digital, design and interactive trends
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience evaluating, concepting and designing user-centered experiences
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates systematic thinking, sophisticated attention to detail, and deep understanding of web & mobile design trends
- You’re focused on results and constantly looking for ways to make the consumer experience better by initiating feedback, assessing data and designing options for A/B tests
- You have a solid understanding of front-end development and mobile best practices
- You’re an expert at Sketch and prototyping tools like Invision or Framer and very strong with the Adobe Creative Suite
- You’re self motivated, analytical and a great communicator. And you enjoy collaborating, whether it’s hashing out briefs brainstorming initial design concepts or troubleshooting throughout the development process to find the best solution to any problem.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United State and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.