Director of Digital Marketing
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is seeking a Senior Digital Marketing Manager to join our team in New York. You will drive the growth of Starry by building and scaling our online acquisition channels across organic search, paid search, paid social, display, and more. You will build a team of up to five digital marketing professionals, but also stay involved with day-to-day operations.
Candidates should be highly analytical with hands-on experience managing and building digital marketing programs from scratch. The ideal candidate will have previously held a role managing digital customer acquisition campaigns at a high growth company and will be highly versed in technical, data-driven marketing.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the strategy, processes and success for all digital properties – Starry.com, content, emails, paid search, paid social etc. Leverage cutting-edge technology to deliver an outstanding subscriber experience.
- Drive innovation in process, automation, and scalability of Starry’s digital acquisition program.
- Manage relationship with our external agency
- Partner with the Data Analytics team to continually test and optimize A/B testing and content placement.
- Implement best practices across digital channels including SEO, SEM, and social, with an eye for driving and engaging new prospects, and converting them.
- Work directly with engineering and creative teams for content and for technical implementation.
- Recruit, manage and retain a top notch team of up to ten marketing managers and strategic analysts.
- Train and mentor your team, and provide them with tools for success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Analytics disciplines.
- 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Hands-on role managing all or most of the following: AdWords, Bing, Display (GDN, Doubleclick, RTB), retargeting (Google, AdRoll, Criteo), Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, and Linkedin Ads
- Familiarity with Analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Omniture) and/or CRMs
- Advanced excel skills or experience with statistical analysis tools such as SQL, R, Matlab, Stata, or Python
- Deep understanding of web-based data and metrics with a track record of distilling actionable insights from data
- Passion for using data to influence marketing decisions and grow a business
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.