Vice President of Human Resources
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and grow your skill sets. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative and we encourage independence. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate is an experienced human resources professional who will develop and implement all aspects of our people strategy. This role will be part of the leadership team and will report directly to the CEO.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our CEO and management team to develop human resource strategies that align with Starry’s overall mission and vision
- Lead the human resources functions for the company with the responsibility of organizing, integrating, and directing all human resource activities
- Develop and mentor our current human resources team
- Drive continuous improvement in our processes: interviewing, hiring, on-boarding
- Help foster Starry’s culture and core values across all of our offices
- Oversee talent management and acquisition
- Work with our legal team to manage HR compliance
- 10+ years relevant experience in a leadership capacity within a multi-location company
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Excellent communications skills - Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Prior experience in helping establish new locations is desirable
- Prior experience working in/with fast-paced, venture-backed companies
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.