Business Development Associate
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company which values autonomy and creativity. You’ll be able to make an impact from the beginning, as well as to develop your creative ideas. Your work will be highly visible and you will have a major impact on the company’s success. Our team is tightly-knit, collaborative, and will support your growth. You’ll have numerous opportunities for personal and professional development, including training, mentorship, and even one-on-one problem-solving sessions for your trickiest deals. TDMs emerge as confident, tech-savvy, discerning professionals with a good understanding of the technology, real estate, and telecommunications industries.
Who we’re looking for:
As a Field Sales Associate (FSA), you’ll be responsible for working with building owners, property managers, and condo associations to understand their businesses and discover whether Starry is a fit for them. This role requires creativity, hustle, and grit. FSA’s are confident, tech-savvy, discerning professionals who can think strategically and communicate confidently, including with senior executives. This role will be tasked with field sales duties to provide not only building qualification, but also top of the funnel sales activities such as lead generation and qualification.
A great FSA is:
Results-driven: Enjoys setting challenges and smashing through them; has demonstrated success in previous endeavors
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Emotionally intelligent: empathetic; strong communicator; genuinely interested in human behavior; enjoys collaborating with a team
Curious: embraces all opportunities to learn from peers and mentors, always looking for ways to do something better
Creative: energized by new problems to solve, always coming up with new ideas and looking for ways to implement them
What you’ll do:
- Proactively canvass and qualify targeted buildings
- Create excitement and interest in Starry with both residents and decision-makers
- Generate and qualify new leads to move forward in the sales process
- Achieve daily, weekly, and monthly activity targets
- Manage and track all lead generation and qualification activities
- Work closely with Marketing to create and improve field sales marketing materials
- Evidenced success in a professional and/or extracurricular field
- 2+ years of previous field sales, canvassing, or door to door sales experience
- Positive, upbeat personality with no fear of talking to strangers
- Self-motivated, initiative driven, and problem-solving mentality
- Eager to guide consumer decision making, close sales, and help people bring Starry to their building or community
- Comfortable with a start-up environment; ability to wear multiple hats, switch gears quickly, and pitch in where needed
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.