GIS Analyst Intern
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
- Develop the acquisition, mapping, and geospatial analysis of municipal datasets across U.S. markets
- Perform quality control of GIS data, including review of data for completeness and accuracy, data scrubbing, and identifying and correcting errors or omissions in the data
- Create clear and sharp thematic maps used in presentations and reports
- Propose new mapping techniques to process and visualize data more efficiently
- Document sources and process of data acquisition for each jurisdiction and market
- Extract demographic information of the underlying population and potential customers, and assist in market optimization studies
- Experience using MapInfo or ArcGIS databases and mapping
- Ability to build tools and manipulate datasets using Python and SQL
- Understanding of key concepts and principles of geospatial data management, database structure, geoprocessing, and cartographic design
- Municipal experience with city or state datasets especially related to property
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Geography, or GIS-related field
- Knowledge of legal land use and descriptions; GIS and databases related to city planning and operations; commercial and residential real estate
- Diverse geographic experience across Top 20 U.S. metropolitan markets
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.