Project Manager of Wireless Products
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we're bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and grow your skill sets. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative and we encourage independence. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
Who You Are:
You love working on huge ideas and collaborating with teams to bring them to life. You have a passion for encouraging teams to perform to their fullest potential, to set and attain goals, and to build a quality product, all while maintaining a sense of humor. You have worked in the consumer electronics field before, and have a solid background handling large, complex projects ranging in project cost from > $2mm.
If you have been looking for a team to work with that is comprised of intelligent individuals from various backgrounds, who take initiative and use creative ways to quickly bring products to market, then Starry is your new home.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you will drive R&D projects from inception to transfer to manufacturing, and will coordinate with all functional areas including RF engineering, mechanical, firmware, industrial design, systems integration testing, and supply, and continue into full lifecycle management.
Collaborating with the Sr. Manager of Program Management, you will help project teams succeed in delivering strategic initiatives, as part of organization-wide programs.
- Drive software and hardware projects by planning, executing and maintaining project management processes in the areas of project timeline, resource management, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management
- Lead project teams in either Waterfall or Agile processes, ensuring alignment to schedules, costs and testing plans
- Facilitate daily cross-disciplinary communication, including product brainstorming sessions, knowledge sharing, and team risk mitigation planning
- Establish a cadence of deliverables from project team members that will culminate in completed, tested requirements and deployed solutions
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a preferred focus in a technical field or technical communications, or with a minimum of 2 years experience leading consumer electronic devices projects
- 3+ years of project management experience using Agile and Waterfall methods.
- Experience leading hardware projects with embedded software
- Ability to understand the big picture, and to forecast how details will effect big-picture outcomes
Bonus points if...
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You enjoy investigating new ways to make your projects more efficient, and are flexible enough to abandon processes that don't work
- You can demonstrate continuous improvement of your own professional development
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.