We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven. We value each other’s contributions.
Starry is looking for an experienced Dispatcher to join the Field Experts team. The Dispatcher will be responsible for managing all aspects of the customer installations and service repair calendar.
Who You Are:
- You have great judgment and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced, startup environment
- You have an extraordinary ability to multitask
- You have excellent communication skills to work both with customers and coworkers
- You’re extremely process oriented and love using your organizing skills to help teams run more efficiently
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the scheduling and dispatching of installation technicians across all markets to ensure adequate staffing to meet appointment demand, and that each job is assigned in a way that ensures maximum efficiency for our Field Experts
- Work strategically to plan and adjust appointment availability based on tech capacity and prioritizing needs
- Handle reassigning of work in response to same day call outs, emergencies, or other real time customer needs
- Handle customer communication regarding scheduling and rescheduling appointments, updates to appointments or other general information
- Ensure Field Experts know which equipment they will need for their installation appointments and that all building access and other information is up-to-date and accessible
- Serve as first point of contact for Field Experts and Customer Care when scheduling issues arise or follow up appointments are required
- Assist in reporting on Field Operations metrics like timeliness, amount of rescheduled appointments, and CSAT data
- 2+ years prior experience working as a dispatcher managing a field team, an operations coordinator, or in customer service
- Experience in a fast growth, high volume, startup environment
- Ability to work independently and proactively
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.