Senior Manager, Supply Chain Planning
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
Who we're looking for:
The Sr. Manager, Supply Chain Planning will be accountable for crafting the Supply Plan and building appropriate inventory levels of parts, equipment and accessories to fully support Starry’s nationwide deployment operations. You will own translating demand requirements and supply capability into a time phased aggregate supply and inventory plan balanced against objectives. You will drive the S&OP process across various products categories, monitor demand/supply trends and highlight supply and operational risks for the business.
What you'll do:
- Build the operational model for developing the supply plan for deployment operations, including appropriate use of min/max, reorder point and MRP planning parameters.
- Utilize ERP system to perform data maintenance including evaluating forecast, safety stock or min/max levels, lead time evaluations, and item source detail to ensure MRP application integrity.
- Develop and maintain warehouse stocking level calculations and assumptions to ensure part availability.
- Work with Logistics, Purchasing, and Deployment Operations to ensure on time delivery of parts and equipment and resolve unanticipated demands.
- Manage the monthly planning process for products purchased from ODMs and contract manufacturing sites (e.g., rolling purchase forecasts, purchase orders)
- Develop and lead the Sales and Operations Planning process, ensuring supply plans are accurate, stable and aligned with business requirements, capabilities and other objectives.
- Review and reconcile demand forecast vs. supply plan and make supply chain optimization recommendations such as expediting, postponement, consolidation or supply reduction.
- Conduct regular reviews with Supply Chain and internal teams on replenishment and fill rate performance. Develop reports related to POs, supply commit schedules, inventory, forecast accuracy and other KPIs.
- Conduct root cause analysis for supply chain issues/constraints/process gaps and drive corrective actions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, technical field or related field of study
- 5-10 years of Supply and Demand Planning experience using ERP/MRP/Advanced Planning systems required. Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
- Extensive experience in supply chain with emphasis on planning and forecasting. Deep understanding of inventory management & strategies.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management CPIM preferred.
- Experience driving S&OP processes and scenario modeling.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required (Pivots, VLOOKUP, Conditional Functions, etc.).
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.