Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven. We value each other’s contributions and we don’t hire jerks.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Marketing Manager for our Greater Los Angeles market. You’ll be acquiring new subscribers through local marketing channels as well as marketing to our existing subscriber base. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working collaboratively with other teams, including Sales and Creative, to ensure business objectives are met.
Reporting to the Marketing Director in LA, you will contribute to the success of our brand by driving the adoption of Starry Internet throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, creative and well spoken.
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you know hustle
Positive: sunny outlook and full of enthusiasm for events and people
Communicator: able to speak and write effectively and with recognition of timeliness
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
A Problem Solver: can identify opportunities through information, data, and insights
Creative: can develop and execute innovative and new ideas
- Manage the day to day subscriber acquisition activities for our LA market
- Manage our local partnerships to enhance offer and drive subscribers
- Identify and support our local field marketing events
- Identify opportunities with local publications, press, and agencies
- Develop marketing reports and focus on measurable performance; present findings to internal teams
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to achieve results
- Implement, test, and learn methodologies across all programs
- BA or BS degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant marketing experience, preferably with multiple marketing channels
- Experience that led to customer or revenue growth
- Performance oriented field and/or local marketing background
- Analytical problem solving mindset highly desired
- Experience in sourcing and building marketing partnerships
- Effective communicator (written and spoken)
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Experience with a high growth startup
- A creative and innovative outlook on business growth
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word or Google Sheets, Presentation, and Docs
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.