Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, energetic individual who is ready to roll up their sleeves and quickly add value in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for the various accounting activities which are essential to maintaining the day to day general ledger of Starry. These activities range from daily transaction processing to monthly Financial Statement package preparation. Here at Starry, we are going through a phase of exponential growth. If you’re someone who isn’t afraid of putting in the work needed to get the job done, we would love to work with you!
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the various close processes (month-end, quarter-end, and year-end) including balance sheet reconciliations such as fixed assets, prepaid expenses, and accruals
- Perform analysis on assigned general ledger accounts on a monthly basis to ensure balances are in line with budgets/forecasts
- Provide commentary and support for monthly flux review of P&L & Balance Sheet
- Analyze new contracts for revenue recognition & rent share payments to ensure completeness as well as the appropriate accounting treatment
- Review appropriate accounting for all vendor invoices and expense reports related to assigned accounts
- Complete quarterly remote inventory inspections
- Collaborate with other teams on various accounting projects
- Assist with annual audits and tax filings
- Support and oversee the Netsuite re-implementation initiative
- Provide assistance in monthly external financial report package preparation & review
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc financial reporting for senior management
- Provide support for the year-end financial audit, track and organize audit request lists
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field
- 5-7 years of accounting experience including month-end close and variance analysis
- 1-3 years public accounting experience
- Proficient in Netsuite
Bonus points if..
- You’re a CPA or CPA candidate
- You have experience with Bill.com, Expensify, Stripe
- You’ve worked in NetSuite, QuickBooks Online, or similar software
- You have experience in a hardware-centric business
- You are familiar with the Google Suite
- You have a sense of humor
- You have a positive attitude and can just roll with it
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.