Software Project Coordinator
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide; we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we're bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you will drive day to day activities for firmware and software projects from early requirements gathering through to delivery, guiding the team toward a self-organizing structure. Through an agile process, you will oversee requirements gathering activities and priority decisions with functional areas such as electrical firmware/software teams, testing/verification teams, cloud services, user interface development, mechanical teams, and hardware teams. Additionally, you will manage updates and regular feedback on progress to Program Managers and stakeholders.
You will help agile teams succeed in delivering strategic initiatives, as part of organization-wide programs through the following activities:
- Lead all regular agile meetings and maintain daily task documentation & dashboards.
- Ensure active development aligns with planned priorities, overseeing re-prioritization efforts when necessary.
- Proactively remove blockers for developers, working with various collaborators to find resolutions.
- Drive meetings outside of the regular agile ceremonies for requirement gathering of complex features or for implementation brainstorming.
- Analyze & implement areas for process improvement with an eye toward efficiency.
- Identify projects that cross between teams and coordinate around milestones, upcoming activities, and key deliverables, through critical thinking skill.
- Additional tasks may include assisting program managers with various activities, with the goal of learning the full lifecycle of wireless product development.
- A bachelor’s degree with a preferred focus in a technical field or technical communications.
- 2-3 years experience leading agile teams in software projects.
- Experience working with an agile software tool, preferably, Jira.
- An Agile or Scrum Master certification, or, the ability to obtain within year 1 of employment.
Bonus points if…
- Experience leading embedded software projects.
- Interest in and desire to work with hardware projects.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.