Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a GIS Data Analyst to gather, compile, and create datasets in support of our radio network planning. The Analyst will arrange and construct GIS workspaces from a variety of municipality datasets covering local (city/county) and state jurisdictions across the country. Geographic analyses will be performed involving spatial queries and databases, demographic data, and classifications of parcels and buildings. Detailed results and summaries of the analyses will be delivered through tables and custom mapping. The ideal candidate will have strong GIS experience in city or state government or with a consultancy serving the public sector. This is a temporary contract position.
- Develop the acquisition, mapping, and geospatial analysis of municipal datasets in the local market and across U.S. markets
- Perform quality control of GIS data, including review of data for completeness and accuracy, data scrubbing, and identifying and correcting errors or omissions in the data
- Create clear and sharp thematic maps used in presentations and reports
- Propose new mapping techniques to process and visualize data more efficiently
- Document sources and process of data acquisition for each jurisdiction and market
- Extract demographic information of the underlying population and potential customers, and assist in market optimization studies
- Experience using MapInfo or ArcGIS databases and mapping
- Ability to build tools and manipulate datasets using Python and SQL
- Understanding of key concepts and principles of geospatial data management, database structure, geoprocessing, and cartographic design
- Municipal experience with city or state datasets especially related to property
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Geography, or GIS-related field
- Knowledge of legal land use and descriptions; GIS and databases related to city planning and operations; commercial and residential real estate
- Diverse geographic experience across Top 20 U.S. metropolitan markets
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.