Subscriber Sales Representative (Part-Time)
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Who we’re looking for:
As a part-time Subscriber Sales Representative, you will be in a field sales role responsible for acquiring new Starry subscribers through outside sales tactics. You will be responsible for driving Starry’s success in your assigned multi-family residential properties, condos, residential communities, and neighborhoods. You are confident with in-person sales, not afraid of rejection, and have an entrepreneurial spirit while being engaging and helpful.
Subscriber Sales Representatives have high earning potential and flexible part-time work schedules up to 29.5 hours per week. Hours include evenings and weekends, and can be made to accommodate classes or other commitments.
What you’ll do:
- Sell with relevancy and charm; we are not pushy
- Meet and exceed sales goals; identify potential subscribers and sell Starry internet to them via inside and outside sales tactics
- Communicate a thorough understanding of features, benefits, product differences for Starry Internet service & competitors
- Identify, source, and attend potential marketing & subscriber acquisition opportunities to achieve your personal goals
- Call on and visit all new build MDU properties on a regular basis prior to and following occupancy; execution and attendance of frequent on-site events to generate subscriber growth
- You will help ensure that Starry services are available prior to occupancy dates
- Build out waiting list and drive subscriber conversion once the building is live with Starry Internet Service
- Previous inside or outside sales experience of any kind
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Willingness to work weekday morning, nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, and sitting for the duration of your shift
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.