Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
What you’ll do:
- Continuously inspect all work equipment to identify shortages and damages and managing any needed resolutions promptly to enable a smooth flow of operations
- Confirm and checkout all outgoing stock to ensure equipment is in good condition and all pertinent documents are accurately accounted for
- Assist the Warehouse Lead to implement inventory process and regularly audit: checking in of all received equipment, conducting physical counts, comparing computer stock to physical counts, and investigating discrepancies
- Receive, store, move, and kitting outgoing material, equipment, and other items from warehouse
- Manually or mechanically load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles
- Assist with the maintenance of supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Deliver materials to and from sites and company offices in company provided vehicle.
- High school diploma/GED required
- 6-12+ months of inventory or warehouse experience
- Good team skills and able to work with others
- Ability to fully carry out instructions
- Ability to multi-task
- Good knowledge of record keeping
- Experience with Google or Microsoft office tools (Document, Spreadsheet)
- Able to work occasional weekends, holidays and evenings
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, and work outdoors in extreme weather
- Must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear properly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Background check may be required
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.