Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
- Develop Node.js applications (REST, HTTPS, TCP, UDP)
- Implement and maintain test suites (100% coverage is always the objective)
- Collaborate on data architecture and implementations using MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, and other NoSQL databases
- Participate in an Agile environment, providing leadership through example
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 2 years minimum professional experience using the core platform APIs in Node.js to build distributed production applications
- Working knowledge of TCP, UDP, and other networking protocols
- 1 year minimum experience with git and Github
- TDD experience preferred
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS a plus
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.