RF Design Engineer
Starry is looking for a RF/Microwave System Design Engineer who wants to help us redefine how users access the internet. You will play a pivotal role in shaping our consumer facing products and services. Our ideal candidate is whip-smart, a self-starter, and passionate about technology. You enjoy working collaboratively with other teams, including Mechanical, Software, and Design, to ensure communications meet business objectives. Reporting to the Manager of RF Design, this position is located in downtown Boston.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, simulate and test RF circuits from 0.1 to GHz to 60 GHz on microstrip using linear and non-linear circuit simulators such as ADS, Genesys, using packaged ICs
- RF Transceiver and Subsystem design
- Cascaded signal chain analysis, bias circuit design
- Build and test prototypes and carry through to production units
- Create test plans and drive Design Verification Testing
- Collaborate with firmware and software engineers, provide prototype code for test
- Some programming of test instrumentation
- Field work validating system performance
Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Physics and three years of experience or Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering or Physics and one year of experience
- Linear and Non-Linear RF Circuit analyzer, RF Measurements
- Design of RF/Microwave Components
- Some 2.5D or 3D simulation background for circuit boards
- Vector network analyzer, spectrum/signal analyzer, oscilloscopes
- Python for testing and analysis
- Basic soldering and surface mount assembly ability
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
All employees are required to be a US Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or a protected individual such as a refugee.