Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is looking for a Project Coordinator who will help us redefine how users access the internet. You will be responsible for tracking and reporting of all facets of the maintenance and repair operations of our Radio Access Network assets.
Reporting to the Manager, Technical Project Management, you will provide continued coordination and support for the maintenance, remediation and break-fix projects. We are looking for an impeccably organized individual with great excel skills that thrives in a fast-paced environment. This position supports the overall success of a market or project team by performing various administrative tasks associated with the project.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate maintenance and repair requirements and schedules
- Triage maintenance and repair requirements for best customer service
- Understand the technical workings of the network and be a hands-on coordinator, working with RF Engineering, Network Deployment, Design Engineering, and Customer Success Teams
- Communicating with property owners and managers to facilitate the contractual and operational aspects of Starry’s deployment for both MDU’s and Vertical Assets
- Manage project tracking system(s) to ensure that project status is maintained with accuracy, including third party systems
- Create and distribute correspondence relevant to the team or project (internal and external)
- Develop and maintain accurate and complete files for projects and continually monitor and audit files
- Maintain various internal databases
- Provide ad hoc reports as necessary
- Manage subcontractor procurement process by initiating purchase requests and tracking approval flows
- Perform non-routine analytical tasks in one or more business support functions
- Assistance with special projects as needed
- 2-5 years in a professional setting with project coordination and/or administration experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access), in addition to other Business Operations skills
- Ability to learn a variety of tracking and project management software (Siterra, OneVision, Site Tacker, FST, GEC, etc)
- Basic knowledge of wireless site development, telco and network deployment and construction
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing, tracking and communicating progress and key performance indicators (KPIs) to a Management Team
- Proven track record of delivering strict deadlines within budget
- Extraordinary ability to multitask
- Excellent analytical and data-based decision-making skills
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as standing, bending, or occasional need to climb ladders or stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
Bonus points if..
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience developing greenfield and growth sites for major telco carriers in multiple environments - towers, commercial rooftops, and residential rooftops
- Experience in a high growth startup environment
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.