Director, Talent Acquisition
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity
Who we’re looking for:
You are a passionate and self-driven individual who will both lead and support the Talent Acquisition team as we hire top talent in a rocket-fast growth environment. As our head of TA, you will be responsible for finding, recruiting, hiring, and retaining talented candidates across multiple US geographical areas. You'll be in charge of planning, developing, and implementing an improved and productive Talent Acquisition strategy for our company. You will ensure we are utilizing appropriate tools and resources while analyzing internal data and pivoting as needed. Our ideal candidate will have incredible coaching and developmental skills with an ability to assess workload capacity and drive better outcomes as a team.
What you’ll do:
- Create and orchestrate a roadmap for sourcing and closing cross-country top talent and run an effective and efficient recruiting process to deliver on Starry’s immediate and long-term hiring goals
- Lead, grow, and support members of our very talented internal recruiting team
- Revamp and build internal processes on sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring
- Partner with HR, Operations, Finance, and other departments on business needs and our aggressive growth plans
- Generate, analyze, and present reports on recruiting metrics
- Develop and maintain relationships with executives, hiring managers, external partners, and vendors
- Work with Creative and Marketing teams to drive external employee branding efforts and company proposition
- Help foster Starry’s culture, diversity, and core values across all of our offices through recruitment
- Ensure a positive and memorable candidate experience from start to finish
- Build and expand upon an environment of collaboration and continued improvement
- 7-10 years experience directly leading and growing talent acquisition teams in a high growth environment
- Player/coach mentality; inherent ability to guide and lead a rapidly growing and geographically dispersed team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth experience with Greenhouse
- Extensive knowledge of full-cycle recruiting and employer branding techniques
- Ability to work with numbers, metrics, and trends to tell a compelling story and make recommendations
- Experience building out diversity programs and pipelines
Bonus points if…
- You have a sense of humor
- You have a passion for Starry
- You have experience in any of these industries: Technology, Communications, Telecom
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.