Acquisition Marketing Manager
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking an Acquisition Marketing Manager to join the marketing team. You will directly help to drive the growth of Starry by building and scaling marketing programs across a variety of channels including direct mail, out-of-home (OOH), radio/podcasts, affiliate, and partnerships.
In this role, your ultimate aim will be to increase demand and drive new customer acquisition for Starry’s new Internet service. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, a rigorous optimizer, and will have previously held a role managing one or more of the aforementioned channels at a high growth company or startup.
What you’ll do:
- Lead growth strategy across offline and online channels, partnering across the organization to generate new demand, drive leads, and convert new subscribers
- Execute campaigns across the full marketing mix - including direct mail, out-of-home, radio, podcasts, partnerships.
- Develop campaign strategy as well as define KPI’s to measure campaign success and meet critical business milestones
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the company to gather necessary components for executing high quality, world-class marketing campaigns
- Analyze campaign results, report on key metrics and optimize future campaigns based on learnings
- Curate and leverage positioning and messaging that differentiates Starry to targeted segments and personas
- Ensure Starry’s core value proposition and positioning is presented consistently across all campaigns and creative content
- Ideate and execute rigorous a/b testing to achieve consistent optimization and improvement in marketing campaign performance
- Drive innovation in process, automation, and scalability of Starry’s marketing programs
- 4-6 years experience in customer acquisition and demand generation with demonstrated success in managing marketing campaigns that drive significant growth in conversions
- Experience with as many of the following channels: direct mail, radio, podcast, and out-of-home media buying. Strong emphasis on direct mail.
- Great communication skills - you can work autonomously as well as collaboratively across product, marketing, creative, engineering and sales.
- Analytical, creative, and organized with strong problem solving skills, attention to detail, and time management abilities
- Familiarity with Analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Looker) and/or CRMs
- Passion for using data to influence marketing decisions and grow a business
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new tools and creative techniques to challenges
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.