Electronics (Rework) Technician
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide; we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry’s NPI Electronics (Rework) Technician will work closely with the New Product manufacturing and Engineering teams to perform repairs on PCBAs and also prototype designs. A successful candidate must be proficient in soldering fine pitch parts and small capacitors/resistors down to 0201 size.
What you’ll do:
- Repair defects on PCBs and PCBAs
- Dead bug prototyping
- Perform changes on PCBs and PBCAs per procedures and Engineering Change Orders
- One-off prototyping
- Completion of a training program (technical or military) and 4 years of experience; OR a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Experience soldering 0201 size components, IPC-610 Class 2 standards and fine pitch SMT components
Bonus Points for:
- IPC Certification PC-A-600 Acceptability of Printed Circuit Boards
- Experience working on prototypes
- Experience making cable harness assemblies
- Experience working at a startup
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.