Manager, Installer Technician
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is looking for a tech-savvy Subscriber Services Manager who will help us redefine how users access the internet. Your team will act as the face of Starry Internet Services to building owners and internet users, and you will be responsible for driving their work to build and maintain the Starry subscriber network.
Reporting to the Director, Technical Operations, you will provide hands on management to field technicians who will be providing best-in-class service to our customers. Your team will be responsible for installing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading Starry’s network systems and equipment used for delivering internet services. Proven experience overseeing a large technical operations team is desired. In this role, you must not only be a great people leader, but you must have a demonstrated technical knowledge.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Grow, nurture and manage a team of field technicians who are the face of Starry
- Create and maintain Key Performance Indicators and reporting to make the team shine internally and with our customers
- Install, program, and troubleshoot equipment and infrastructure used in providing Starry internet services
- Develop customer installation procedures and continually improve in lockstep with the evolving needs of the industry and the business
- Partner with Technical Operations teams to ensure that site designs set installation technicians up for success in the field
- Manage inventory of all technician tools and required equipment, partnering with the supply chain and warehouse teams as necessary
- Build and manage a quality control program to inspect technicians work and overall site quality, creating a feedback loop to improve performance and the customer experience
- Manage a fleet of company vehicles assigned to the Subscriber Services team
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, replace, and upgrade network components
- Wow customers with respect, courtesy, and professionalism at all times
- 3+ years managing teams with a demonstrated successful track record in building team culture and helping employees grow to their fullest potential
- Experience in network engineering, deployment, fiber construction, wireless infrastructure or telecom management.
- Technology expertise: telecommunications, infrastructure cabling, wireless, Layer 2 and 3 technologies, Ethernet, IP Transit, Wi-Fi, structure, and building architecture
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with reporting personnel, customers, management, and peers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- A record of accomplishment of delivering on-time concurrent projects
- MUST be hands-on and able to roll up their sleeves
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, and work in extreme weather
- Must be able to adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear correctly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Background check may be required
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.