Site Acquisition Project Coordinator
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide; we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is looking for Site Acquisition Specialist who’d like to help us redefine how people access the internet. In this role, you will drive the leasing, zoning and permitting processes, while working with a larger team to expand Starry’s coverage within the New York City metropolitan area.
Reporting to the Vertical Asset Project Manager this role will lead the acquisition of new sites, as well as spearheading any site modifications needed for Starry’s continued growth. We are looking for a strong candidate that brings knowledge, creativity, and experience to the position, along with a desire to change the world in a meaningful way.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the new site acquisition and permitting process in the NYC/NJ market.
- Project manage and forecast all pre-construction activities for new site builds as well as site modifications.
- Coordinate the activities of consultants, contractors, and internal resources that support leasing, zoning, and permitting.
- Build processes that ensure a smooth hand-off to construction teams.
- Submit and track applications for nationally managed rooftops and towers (ATC, Crown, SBA, etc.)
- Evaluate lease terms, coordinate lease reviews with internal counsel, and facilitate landlord approval.
- Directly engage with zoning and permitting officials as necessary to secure approvals.
- Maintain strong and positive landlord relationships.
- Evaluate suppliers, manage costs, and drive efficiency, within processes and financial decision making.
Experience and Education Required:
- Must have a successful track record of 5+ years in wireless site acquisition and permitting or equivalent knowledge of planning and permitting in the 3 separate jurisdictions (DMV).
- 5+ years of project managing large new site builds or major site modification programs.
- Knowledge of the 3 separate jurisdictions (DMV) and codes, with demonstrated ability to overcome permitting obstacles.
- Proven ability to drive performance and meet deployment timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well developed computer software skills, with experience working in project tracking databases, financial reporting systems, standard MS Office applications, and applications such as Google Earth, Jira, and Looker.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and elevate the levels of performance within a larger group.
- Ability to commute as necessary to landlord or permitting meetings and be comfortable walking on rooftops to evaluate suitability, overcome issues, etc. (following OSHA guidelines).
- Existing relationships with Site Acquisition vendors and Managed Rooftop Asset owners a plus.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.