People Operations Partner
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
- Consult with market management on people experience related issues
- Provide a warm & welcoming onboarding to your region’s new hires, including ongoing support, check-ins and improvements based on feedback
- Assist your managers with their respective team’s development and the execution of our talent support processes
- Provide day-to-day guidance on coaching, counseling, career development, and performance management
- Work with your teams to build-out succession planning, career pathing and performance reviews
- Help show your area managers how to obtain and retain employee satisfaction
- Guide employee relations matters and conduct workplace investigations
- Analyze employee data to implement change and spot trends in your regions; use it to influence higher level decision-making
- Ensure your markets are consistently and fairly implementing policies, practices, and programs
- Provide employees with policy explanations and coach where needed
- Successfully act as an employee champion and change agent
- Help design and implement programs which reinforce diversity and inclusion
- Be accessible to underrepresented groups and make sure all voices are heard
- Minimum of five years as an HR Business Partner with at least two years of experience working in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Phenomenal communication skills
- At least two year’s experience providing support to locations in multiple time zones
- Readiness to hit the ground running
- Hands-on ADP Workforce Now experience
- Wide exposure to matters in labor law, bonus points to those with experience in ISP or WISP industry and/or a wealth of non-exempt work
- Experience fostering a collaborative working environment between individuals and teams
- Time and priority management skills
- Flexible and comfortable with regular travel to your regional offices, approx 15-25% of the time
Bonus points if..
- You’ve worked with Google Suite and Slack
- You have a sense of humor
- You’ve been a values driven, passionate supporter of a diverse workforce and environment
- You have an affinity for office botany
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.