Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What you’ll do:
Starry is seeking a Marketing Director for the Columbus market. In this position, you will drive the success of our brand by building and scaling Starry’s local marketing efforts. Reporting to the SVP of Sales, you will be responsible for the approach to marketing in the Columbus market from budget to execution to team management.
- Lead and execute Starry’s local marketing from subscriber acquisition programs, field programs, ambassador programs to local events and marketing partnerships
- Drive accountability with internal teams and external vendors to achieve results.
- Oversee and optimize local marketing programs with focus on measurable performance
- Implement test and learn methodologies across all programs with teams.
- Oversee brand integrity across local marketing channels, ensuring that all creative communications meet brand guidelines (as expressed visually, verbally, tonally and behaviorally)
- Develop plan to acquire new customers/subscribers in the Columbus market through local channels and oversee the execution of local marketing activities from partnerships, grassroots marketing, to new media content and local influencer marketing
- Drive ongoing initiatives to foster a community, convert and engage new subscribers
- Develop and implement a robust marketing plan for opening new Beam Zones
- Oversee management, reporting, and post-initiative communication for all local marketing efforts
- Adapt national marketing programs to ensure success at a local level
- Manage local social media, including Facebook and new channels
- BA or BS degree required
- 7+ years experience
- Experience managing a marketing team
- Experience with acquisition marketing and demand gen
- Field and event marketing background
- Experience with data analytics and how to effectively apply learning to improve performance
- Deep understanding of web-based data and metrics with a track record of distilling actionable insights from data
- Ability to communicate effectively to business stakeholders, team and partners
- Ability to influence and manage multiple teams with excitement to reach milestones.